Sh. Mohd. Monis Khan
|Name||Sh. Mohd. Monis Khan|
|Designation||Town & Country Planner|
|Present Posting||Head - URIS Division , Regional Planning Division|
|Date Of Birth||8th May 1973|
|Email Address||khanmonis[at]yahoo[at]com, monis[at]khan[at]nic[dot]in|
- Master of Planning (Regional Planning) from School of Planning and Architecture New Delhi (1996).
- M.A. (Geography) from Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi (1994).
- B.A. (Geography) from Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi (1992).
Sixteen years of experience of more than 30 local and national schemes/projects in the field of Urban and Regional Development in Government and Private Sectors with the expertise of use of state of art technologies i.e. GIS, Remote Sensing. During the above said era, he worked in various capacities such as Town and Country Planner, Assistant Town and Country Planner in Town and Country Planning Organisation, Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India, Research Associate in School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), New Delhi, Senior Planner and Research Associate in Private Sectors. He published more than 10 research papers.
Some of the major Schemes/projects are listed below:
- National Urban Information System (NUIS) Scheme
- Permanent Settlement for Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Urban Mapping Scheme (UMS)
- Model Building Bye-laws
- Development of Adequate connectivity to Major Ports in India Feasibility Study of Dry Port, Alwar
- Jal Mahal Tourism Infrastructure Project , Jaipur, Rajasthan
- NOIDA Master Plan for 2021
- "Urban Land Management" 'Improving Policies and Practices in Developing Countries in Asia'
- Housing and Urban Indicators Programmes: Case Study: India, funded by United Nations.
- Associate Member of Institute of Town Planners, India
- Member of Indian Association of Regional Sciences, India.
- Two Week training on RS/GIS Application in Urban & Regional Planning at IIRS Dehradun.
- One week training programme on Digital Image Processing by Easy Pace Package in Regional Remote Sensing Center, Bangalore.
- 3rd NNRMS Training Programme on Remote Sensing & GIS Application in Urban and Regional Planning, organised by TCPO in collaboration with IIRS Dehradun sponsored by ISRO, Bangalore.
- Two weeks training programme on Geo-media organised by TCPO with Collaboration of Rolta, India.
- One week computer-training programme on Automated Mapping & Facilities Management (AM/FM), organised by National Informatics Centre, New Delhi.
- Three months course on AutoCAD from Center for Computer Education and Training (C-CET).
- One-week course on Water Supply Management organised by Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- Five days training programme on “Awareness on E-Governance” held during 10th to 14th March 2003 at National Informatics Centre (NIC) Ministry of Information& Technology, New Delhi.
- Attended five days course on “Insight to National Spatial Data Infrastructure” held during 7th to 11th October 2002 at Survey of India, Hyderabad.