Smt. Abha Agarwal
|Name||Smt. Abha Agarwal|
|Designation||Associate Town and Country Planner|
|Present Posting||RP Division|
- Masters degree in Regional Planning (M.R.P), School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi,Jan 1991.
- M. Sc in Applied Geography, University of Madras, May 1989.
- B.A. in Geography, Queen Mary’s College, University of Madras, May 1987.
- Advanced diploma : Applications in Geographical Information System (GIS), New Delhi.
- Secured 1st rank in B.A. and M.Sc in Madras University.
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship in 1987-89 and Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Award.
- 19 years of experience of working with Non-Governmental organization as well as government organization at middle management level in projects of multifaceted nature, related to development planning with multidisciplinary professionals. These projects have provided me wide exposure and a learning experience since I had to travel all over the country and interact with various stakeholders and imbibe the local environs in totality, so that their issues are reflected with implemental strategies for their betterment.
- Preparation of technical reports related to the appraisal of government schemes and comments on National Environment Policy, vulnerability/risk assessment of Lakshdweep Islands to natural hazards etc.
- Appraisal of project proposals (DPRs) related to Eco City Programme of U.N. for selected cities.
- Preparation of guidelines for inclusion of E-waste disposal in a scientific manner in the master plan . Field survey, research and conceptualization and preparation of technical report - potential reuse of treated wastewater for agriculture and its economic and social implications.
- Road inventory was conducted for improvement of road network in the proposed areas after dialogue with local authorities.
- Preparation of technical reports on monitoring and implementation of ACRP projects.
- Research, conceptualization and preparation of Impact assessment article- Impact of deforestation on women’s health in hilly and desert areas.
- Field survey by hiring, training and supervising local people –impact of 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts (CAA) by using participatory planning approaches in two towns (Mandi, Rohtak) viz., participation in project reviews, preparation of training materials for the stakeholders about CAA.
- Preparation of training materials, background papers for the workshops: “Housing and Urban Development” and “Housing the Houseless in Urban India”and reppartouring of technical session.
- Preparation of Tourism Development Plan for Bodhgaya, Nalanda and Rajgir (Bihar)
- Field survey, preparation of project report and proposals for different schemes proposed for two towns (Rangpo and Pakyong) of Sikkim under IDSMT Scheme in the Eighth plan.
- Field survey and preparation of detail oriented analytical report : Economic activities in Govindpuri, New Delhi.
- Field survey by training and supervising a team of local investigators for survey in Meghalaya and Assam for project : Special Livestock Breeding Programme (Central Government scheme) under 7th Five Year Plan.
- Planning of Agricultural Produce Markets-Limitations in Present Planning Practices
- Municipal Solid Waste Management for Urban Areas 1st-31st Jan 2005, Tata Energy Research Institute, New Delhi.
- Disaster Management of Earthquake & Risk Mitigation by National Institute of Disaster Management, New Delhi.
- An overview for Decision Makers in Remote Sensing and GIS (Geographical Information System), Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.
- Associate Member, Institute of Town Planners, India.
- Life Membership of Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, India
- Life Membership of National Association of Geographers, India.