Sub-Scheme on Formulation of GIS based Master Plans for AMRUT Cities
Formulation of GIS-based Master/Development Plans for 500 AMRUT Cities is one of the important reforms under AMRUT, which has been approved in October 2015 as a 100% centrally funded sub-scheme.
- To develop common digital geo-referenced base maps and land use maps using Geographical Information System (GIS) and
- Master Plan Formulation for 500 AMRUT Cities
The Components of the Scheme:
- Urban Database Creation at the scale of 1:4000 as per Design & Standards
- Formulation of Master Plan of the city as per the State Town & Country Planning Act on the GIS base map
- Capacity Building at 3 levels
The total cost of the Sub Scheme is Rs. 515.00 crores, of which geo-spatial database creation is about Rs. 115.90 crores, cost of plan formulation including data collection & analysis is Rs. 388.25 crores and Capacity Building is Rs.10.85 crores.
MoU with NRSC
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for creation of geo-spatial database between MoHUA and NRSC has been signed in August 2016. Rs. 7.35 Cr. has been released to NRSC for creation of geodatabase of 241 towns in 20 States.
Financial Progress and Physical Progress Dashboard
- Design & Standards has been finalized for geodatabase creation.
- Model Request for Proposal (RFP) Template for procurement of consultancy services for formulation of GIS-based master plans has finalized.
- State Action Plan (SAP) Template prepared for the release of central funds.
- National Meet of the SMDs/State Nodal Officers was held on 13.05.2016, 20.10.2016 , 22.09.2017 and 05.07.2019 with a total participation of 353 officers to discuss modalities of implementation of the Scheme.
- A National Monitoring & Review Committee meeting under the Chairmanship of CP,TCPO was constituted by the Ministry. Two meetings of the Committee held on 06.11.17 and 12th January 2018.