Sh. Baskar Sellaiya
- Pursuing PhD in Institute of Remote Sensing, Anna University, Chennai,(Tamil Nadu)
- Post-Graduation (M.Plan., Town Planning) from School of Architecture and Planning, Anna University, Chennai (2010),(Tamil Nadu)
- Post-Graduation (M.A., Economics) from Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli (2007),(Tamil Nadu)
- Graduation (B.A., Economics) from Nehru Memorial College, Bharathidasan University (2005),(Tamil Nadu)
Since 2015, He is working in Metropolitan and Union Territories Division and assignments related:
- Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Satellite Towns (UIDSST) around 7 Megacities
- Rural Area Development Plan Formulation and Implementation (RADPFI) Guidelines
- Third Party Audit (in collaboration with NIUA) on the procedures and reforms undertaken by Bruhat Bengaluru MahanagaraPalike (BBMP) in their Online Building Permissions Systems (OBPS)
- AMRUT - reforms on State/UTs Review of Building By-Laws and Online Building Permission System (OBPS) for all AMRUT Towns and all Urban Local Bodies
- Pilot on Formulation of Local Area Plan (LAP) and Town Planning Schemes (TPS) selected - 25 Cities,
- River Centric Urban Planning Guidelines
- Special project on implementation of Online Building Permission System (OBPS) for North Eastern States, UT Administration of Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Lakshadweep and
- Online Municipal Services (OMS) for North Eastern States, UT Administration of Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand.
- Reforms in Urban Planning Capacity in India, NITI Aayog , September 2021
- Updating database on State/UT Master Plan, School of Planning and Architecture and other Planning Schools Enrollment/Placement Cell, Recruitment Rules for entry level post in State/UT Town & Planning Department/ Urban Local Body/ Urban Development Authority.
- Research Assistant in the Department of Planning, School of Architecture and Planning, Anna University, 2010-11
- Planner Associate in Regional Town Planning Office, Ernakulam, Govt. of Kerala, 2011-12
- Teaching Research Associate in Department of Architecture, School of Architecture and Planning, Anna University, 2014-15
- Anna Centenary Research Fellowship - 2012 from Anna University.
- Associate Member in the Institute of Town Planners India (A.I.T.P.) No. 2013-204.
- Life Member in Indian Society of Remote Sensing - Membership ID - L-4981
- “Basic Management System (BMS)” - Institute of Secretarial Training and Management, New Delhi - during DEC-2016 to FEB-2017
- “Remote Sensing and GIS applications for Urban and Regional Studies” - Indian Institute of Remote Sensing - during SEP -2017
- Specialized Training on “Urban Improvement through Local Area Planning”, initiative of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) Organized by CEPT University - during JUNE 2018
- Capacity Building Programmeon AMRUT Sub-scheme “Pilot on Formulation of Local Area Plan (LAP) and Town Planning Scheme (TPS) for selected 25 cities”–Organized by CEPT, University, Ahmedabad - during AUG 2019
- Technical Training on “Software Development on Online Building Permission System (OBPS)”,North East States, Organized by TCPO/NIUA/ and e-Government Foundation at Bengaluru - during JAN 2020
- “Capacity Building in the field of Urban Planning and Governance” at Singapore Organized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Govt. of Singapore and executed by Centre for Livable Cities in Singapore - during NOV – DEC 2016.
- Knowledge Co-Creation Program on “The Land Readjustment Method for Urban Development” –Organized by Japan Investment Cooperation Agency (JICA), Tokyo, Japan - during MAY to JULY 2017
- Study Tour for JICA Training Program on “Land Readjustment in Thailand”, Organized by Department of Public Works and Town & Country Planning, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), National Housing Authority, Govt. of Thailand during JULY - 2017