Dr. Achala Mediratta
|Name||Dr. Achala Mediratta|
|Present Posting||Coordination, Research, and Training Division.|
|Earlier Posting||Office of Chief Planner|
|Email Address||dr[dot]achala[at]gmail[dot]com, achala[dot]m62[at]gov[dot]in|
- B.Sc. Home Science (Hons), University of Delhi, Lady Irwin College, 1983.
- B.Ed, University of Delhi, Lady Irwin College, 1984.
- M.A. Social Work, First Division, Delhi University, Delhi School of Social Work, 1986.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Social Work “Socio-Economic Background of Street Children and the Role of Voluntary Welfare Agencies in their Social Re-integration”.
- More than 28 years.
1.Town and Country Planning Organization, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, GOI, INDIA.
- Assisting Chief Planner, TCPO with technical comments, notes, drafts on references received from the Ministry of Urban Development, M/o Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Planning Commission, State Governments etc.
- Presentations/technical papers/Draft Speeches for the Hon’ble UDM, S(UD) and other senior dignitaries including CP,TCPO by sourcing various data sets
Assisted Chief Planer TCPO in the following works :-
- Promoting Responsive Urban and Regional Development in the context of climate change under the National Mission on Sustainable Habitat;
- Specific Inputs on sustainable urban planning framework in the Approach Paper XIIth Plan and in NDC Sub Committee on Urbanisation;
- Rajiv AwasYojana
- Promoting green and energy efficient habitat through innovative concepts like State of Art Residentail Zones along bypasses, expressways, highways, peripheral roads etc.
- Inclusive Development Planning through the preparation of Guidelines for slum-free city plans and integrating them with the Master Plans, Climate Change Issues.
- Inclusive urban planning through promoting and integrating poor as partners in the planning process and promoting responsive urban and regional planning.
- Organizing Vigilance Awareness Week, Swachhata hi Sewa Campaign, E-Newsletter and Swachhata Pakhwada.
- e-Office training at NICSI Development Centre, Tower III, Delhi IT Park, Shastri Park, New Delhi – 110053 from 9-11th January 2019
- Organised workshops and sensitization on Flagship programs of the Ministry under Swachhata Hi Seva” (SHS) Campaign to highlight, the jan aandolan that is the Swachh Bharat Mission. organised swachata Pakhwada
- Involved as an Execute Committee member for the Voters Awareness forum(VAF) to co-ordinate the activities of VAF
- Mandatory training program on Good Governance in HSMI, HUDCO from 17th Sep to 6th Oct 2018
2. Ministry of Social Justice And Empowerment, (MSJE) Government of India. -Implementation of the National Scheme For Prevention Of Alcoholism and Substance (Drugs) Abuse involving 459 NGOs all over the country
Training, Workshops and Projects:
- Workshop on Results Framework Document organized by Performance Mangement Division of the Cabinet Secretariat of the GOI on 22nd Feb 2011
- COP- MFDR- 11-14 November 2008, Presented a country paper on MfDR in the Indian context where more than 20 participants from 15 developing countries in Asia met in Colombo, Sri Lanka for the CoP-MfDR 2008 Annual Meeting. The event was co-hosted by the Asian Development Bank and the Sri Lanka Ministry of Plan Implementation. An event to showcase peer-to-peer learning and south-to-south cooperation.
- On the job training for Training of Facilitators on Results-focused Project Design and Management- 3rd -13th March 2008, Asian Development Bank, Nepal.
- Training of Facilitators on Results-focused Project Design and Management- 13th -21st June 2007, Asian Development Bank, Hua Hin, Thailand.
- Workshop on Results-focused Project Design and Management Delhi - 24th April to 28th April 2007, Asian Development Bank, N. Delhi, India.