Sh. Udit Ratna
|Name||Sh. Udit Ratna|
|Designation||Additional Chief Planner|
|Present Posting||Head, RP Division|
|Date Of Birth||1st July 1961|
|Date Of Joining||1st July, 1987|
|Email Address||uditdotratna[at]nic[dot]in, udit_ratna[at]yahoo[dot]com|
- District Planning Officer (Group-A,Gazetted), Planing and Development Departrment, Govt. of Bihar (Sept.28,1988)
- Associate Town and Country Planner (Group-A, Gazetted), TCPO, M/o UD, Govt. of India (April 11, 1994)
- Chief Town Planner, South Delhi Municipal Corporation, New Delhi (December 23,2015-February 15, 2017)
- P.G. Diplomain Transportation and Road Engineering, I.H.E, DELFT, the Netherlands (1996).
- Master Degree in Regional Planning, IIT, Kharagpur, West Bengal. (1986).
- Master Degree in Geography, JNU, New Delhi (1984).
Thirty years of professional experience in the field of Urban and Regional Planning, District Planning, Urban Transport Planning and Environmental Planning. Major tasks involved monitoring, management, implementation and evaluation of centrally sponsored Scheme of Integrated Development of Small and Medium Towns (IDSMT). Currently dealing with the issues related to Regional Planning, Urban Transport and the issues concerning to 73rd & 74th Constituional Amendment Act, Inter-Modal Station Development of Kashi Station (Varanasi), Peri-Urban areas (Lucknow) and Regional Planning issues. Previous Tasks include scrutiny of layout plans of South Municipal Corporation of Delhi, Low Density Residential Areas (LDRA) Policy, Building Plan approval under Ease of Doing Business (EODB), Redevelopment Plans of Urban Zones of Delhi, Zonal Development Plan/Master Plan and Facility Corridor issues u/s 312-13 of DMC Act, 1957. Scrutiny of DPRs and preparation of Appraisal Reports for the towns of various States/UTs covered under IDSMT Scheme, Preparation of Draft Urban Transport Policy, Perspective Plan of Bageshwar District-2021, Comparative Transportation Profile of Metropolitan Cities, monitoring of the best practices adopted for implementation of Solid Waste Management Projects, Technical input for formulation of Draft Coastal Management Zone Notification, 2008.Formulation, Appraisal and Monitoring of District Plan Schemes and preparation of City Profile under Climate and Disaster Resilience in association with NIDM and Kyoto University, Japan
- International Training Programme on “Urban Planning and Governance in Singapore” jointly organized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and CLC, Singapore.
- Advanced Management services at ISTM, DOPT, New Delhi.
- Basic Management services at ISTM, DOPT, New Delhi.
- Leadership Programme in Urban Transport Planning (LUTP) Programme at Dubai.
- Intelligent Transport System at Tokyo, Japan.
- Water Integrity from Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Labour Based Road Engineering., the Netherlands
- Utilisation of IT Tools in Government, I&II, NIC, New Delhi
- Advance course on Urban Management, Amity School of Management
- Transportation Demand Management & Financing Urban Transport
- Capacity building programme on E-office for users (Level-1) organized by National Informatics Centre, M/o Electronics & Information Technology.
- Chapter published on “Sustainable Development of Coastal Region in India: Regional Planning Perspectives” by Prof. B. Thakur, etc. (ed), 2017, Concept Publishing Co. New Delhi, Vol. IV, Development Policies: Regional Development Theory and Practice, Section 4, Sustainable Development,pp 401-415.
- Chapter published on “Challenges of Barrier Free Urban Mobility with Special Reference to the Disables Persons in Delhi Metropolitan Area” by Prof. B. Thakur, etc. (ed), 2017,Concept Publishing Co. New Delhi, Vol. V, Development Challenges: Regional Development Theory and Practice, Section 3, Urban and SocialProblems, pp 213-224.
- Chapter published on “Interface between Urban and Rural Development in India” in the book “City and Society and Planning” by Prof. B. Thakur, etc. (ed), 2007, Concept Publishing Co. New Delhi, Vol.III Planning, pp 265-291.
- Chapter published on “Integral Vision of Metro Systems in Indian Mega Cities” inthe book ‘Sustainable Urban Development’ by Dr. R.B. Singh (ed), 2006, Concept ,Publishing Co. New Delhi, pp 122-141.
- Fellow, Institute of Town Planners, India
- Life Member, Institute of Urban Transport India
- Member,Govening council, Institute of Urban Transport India